Product Manager, Free Credit Score
June 18, 2016
Borrowell is a Canadian digital lender that offers fast, fair, and friendly personal loans. Our affordable, fixed-interest loans give Canadians a smarter way to access credit. A wholly online application process instantly provides personalized loan options to Canadians with good credit who want better alternatives to expensive credit card debt. Since launching in 2015, we’ve processed over $500 million in loan applications from thousands of Canadians. Borrowell’s investors include Power Corporation, Equitable Bank and David Chilton (Dragons’ Den, The Wealthy Barber).
Borrowell just launched its second product – being the first in Canada to offer and mass market Equifax credit scores for free. We’re looking for a business leader/strategist+tactician who will take ownership of this product. As a key member of the Borrowell team, you will have primary responsibility for growing this new business initiative, including P&L responsibility. You would be responsible for developing the business from its infancy, across product management, business development, and strategy. The Product Manager will report to the company’s Chief Operating Officer.
- 7+ years of work experience (or less if in a high intensity role or in a variety of roles)
- Energetic and personable, with good communication skills
- Comfortable with uncertainty and experience navigating unchartered water or starting a new initiative
- Strong quantitative instincts and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Has excelled in a diversity of roles, preferably including at least one of: product management, customer acquisition, or business development
You’ll be successful in this role and happy working with us if:
- You’re self-motivated, and don’t need someone looking over your shoulder. You do good work because you care about your reputation and want to contribute to the team.
- You’re willing to share what you’re doing and get input from others. You’re happy to give input on other areas of the business. You’re not a lone wolf.
- You get things done. You’re good at managing email. You work efficiently.
- You’re not above doing the small stuff. We’re building a company and everyone, including the CEO, pitches in when needed.
- When you have a question, you ask. You seek out help when you need it and know it’s not a sign of weakness to say you don’t know something.
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to laugh, and can laugh at yourself.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to join and help build a growing company that is changing the face of the financial services industry, while providing Canadian consumers with better financing options.
- Great colleagues. Not to toot our own horn too much, but we think great people want to work with great people. Our team is smart, hardworking and fun.
- A downtown office location and an open, collaborative workspace.
- Flexible hours and vacation policy.
- An employer-paid benefits plan covering medical, dental and extended health benefits.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with “Product Manager” as the subject line. Attach a cover letter and resume in a single document with your name as the file name. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. We look forward to hearing from you.
Borrowell is an equal opportunity employer and building a gender balanced team is a key goal for the company.
Live well. Work well. Borrowell.