Rent Advantage Contest Terms and Conditions¹
BORROWELL RENT ADVANTAGE CONTEST (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest begins on December 1, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Borrowell Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotional agencies. Members who already have Rent Advantage are not eligible for this Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
3. To earn an entry in this Contest you must:
A. Have a valid Borrowell account;
B. Have received an invitation to enter this Contest through an email from the Sponsor; and
C. Complete the sign-up process and successfully make your first subscription payment for Rent Advantage before December 31, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
4. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5. On January 15, 2023, in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, five (5) eligible entries will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Before being declared a winner: The winner(s) will be contacted by email from [email protected] and notified that they are eligible to win (“Eligible Winners”). Eligible Winners must reply by email within ten (10) business days from the date the email is sent and must provide first name, last name, and phone number. Eligible Winners must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. The Sponsor will email the Eligible Winners, and the Eligible Winners will be required to sign and return within two (2) business days of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
A. confirms compliance with the Contest Rules; and
B. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest, the Eligible Winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof.
Upon completing the above, the Eligible Winner(s) will be confirmed as winner(s) (“Confirmed Winners”).
If an Eligible Winner: (i) cannot be contacted by direct message within two (2) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7. There will be five (5) prizes (the “Prizes”) available to be won, consisting of the Sponsor waiving the Rent Advantage monthly subscription fee for a period of twelve (12) months for each Confirmed Winner. For greater certainty, the waiver of the monthly subscription fee will only commence the subsequent month after the Confirmed Winner has signed up and successfully made the first monthly subscription payment for Rent Advantage.
No substitutions except at the Sponsor’s option. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. The Confirmed Winner(s) agree to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. The Sponsor will not replace a lost or stolen Prize.
8. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. You must warrant that your entry meets the rules set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any entry that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the rules. Your right to submit an entry must not be restricted in any way.
11. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s server machine(s).
12. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Borrowell accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
13. Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
14. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s server machine(s).
15. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, any website(s), platform(s), point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Contest Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
16. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Contest Rules or relating to this Contest
18. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.
¹Rent Advantage is a credit building product that allows tenants to report their rent payments on their residence to Equifax Canada without landlord approval. This product has a monthly subscription fee of $5 (plus tax).