Spring Into the Season This Year With Financial Wellness!
Spring is in the air and so is Borrowell’s next big giveaway! We're excited to announce a spring giveaway for our members. From March 1st to March 31st, sign up for Borrowell and share your unique referral link with friends and family to earn a chance to win our $3,000 grand prize2! Scroll down to learn more!
Check back soon for our next contest!
Whoops! Looks like the contest is over.
Keep and eye out for our next contest coming soon and for your chance to win! In the meantime, refer Borrowell to your friends and we will send you a $5 gift card!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The Borrowell Team
Here’s How It Works
Sign up to Borrowell
Not a Borrowell member yet? Sign up to become a Borrowell member and receive your unique referral link through email. Already a member? Check your email for your unique referral link.
Share Your Unique Referral Link
Share your unique referral link to all your friends and family. Remember, the more referrals you send, the greater your chances are to winning the grand prize2!
In addition to a $5 reward for every referral you send us1, you could also win the $3,000 grand prize2! On April 6th, 2021, check your email to see if you are Borrowell’s big winner!
Sign up for Borrowell for Your Chance to Win
Refer and Get Rewarded
Sign up to become a Borrowell member so you can begin referring your friends and family — plus, you’ll receive your FREE credit score and report. In the event you don’t win the grand prize, Borrowell will still send you a $5 reward for every friend and family member you successfully refer to Borrowell1.
Contest Terms and Conditions
¹Borrowell Refer-a-Friend Program Terms & Conditions
- Qualified Referral. A Qualified Referral is defined as a person who successfully signs up for a Borrowell account and receives their free credit score (a "Referred Customer") by clicking your unique Refer-a-Friend program link. You are limited to one Qualified Referral for each Referred Customer; in other words, any additional signups made by a Referred Customer are not counted as additional Qualified Referrals.
- Referred Customer. The Referred Customer and the Referrer cannot be the same person (for example, by using a different email address).
- Referral Rewards. For you to earn referral rewards as a Referrer, the Referred Customer must complete the sign up process for an account with Borrowell and receive their free credit score.
- Reward Payments. Rewards are payable in increments of $5. As a Referrer, you are responsible for any and all tax liability resulting from Referral Rewards.
- Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to individuals only. The Program cannot be used by businesses for affiliate lead generation as determined in Borrowell’s sole discretion.
- No Spam. You must comply with all up-to-date “SPAM” laws. For example, emails must be created and distributed in a personal manner and bulk email distribution is strongly discouraged. Any distribution of your referral link that could constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate termination of your account and exclusion from The Program.
- Right to Close Accounts. Borrowell reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referrer and/or Referred Customer and to withhold or request reimbursement of any Referral Rewards if the Referrer and/or Referred Customer attempt to use the Program in a questionable manner, as determined by Borrowell in its sole discretion, or breaches any of these terms and conditions or is in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation.
- Gift cards will be sent to the refer a friend member (a “Referrer”) through email within 7 business days of the Referred Customer signing up and getting their free credit score.
- Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms.
²BORROWELL REFER A FRIEND CONTEST (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest begins on March 1st, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 31st, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Borrowell Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a) Have a valid Borrowell account (a “Borrowell Member”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.borrowell.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Borrowell account.
b) Receive your referral link for the Refer A Friend Contest through an email from Borrowell or from one of Borrowell’s social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook
c) Copy the referral link that you receive to your clipboard and send the link to your referees
d) The referee must use the referral link sent by the referrer and successfully receive their free credit score from Borrowell to become a Borrowell member
e) Once a referee successfully signs up to be a Borrowell member, the referrer will get one (1) entry to the Refer A Friend contest. Each additional referee that completes the Borrowell sign-up using the referral link sent by the referrer, will be (1) additional entry for the referrer in the contest
f) The referrer should not refer themselves as it will not be accepted as a valid entry
4. Your entry must comply with the following specifications:
a) not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
b) be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
c) not for the referrer to refer themselves;
d) not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
e) not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
f) not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
g) not violate any law or regulation;
h) not be libelous, threatening or harassing; and
i) not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights.
5. You will receive one (1) entry in the Contest when the referee uses your unique referral link and completes the Borrowell sign-up process. Additional entries will be accepted for each additional referee that uses your unique referral link and completes the Borrowell sign-up process. Each entry counts for an additional ballot in the draw at the end of the contest to win. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6. On April 6th, 2021, in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entry will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Before being declared a winner: We will review the list of referees sent by the referrer, including the referee’s first name, last name, and email to ensure no duplication or error. The winner will be contacted by email from [email protected] and notified that they are eligible to win (the “Eligible Winner”). The Eligible Winner must reply by email within two (2) business days from the date the email is sent and must provide first name, last name, and phone number. The Eligible Winner must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will email the Eligible Winner and the Eligible Winner will be required to sign and return within two (2) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a) confirms compliance with the contest rules;
b) releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the Eligible Winners’ participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c) grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected Eligible Winners’ names and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If an Eligible Winner: (i) cannot be contacted by direct message within two (2) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8. Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of Borrowell paying $3,000 to the winner in the form of a prepaid gift card. Please allow for any potential shipping delays when receiving the prize.
No substitutions except at the Sponsor’s option. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award.
9. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. You must warrant that your entry meets the rules set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any entry that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the rules. Your right to submit an entry must not be restricted in any way.
12. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
13. By entering the Contest and submitting a comment, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Instagram Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their comment, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to their comment in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the comment. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any comment if a complaint is received with respect to the comment, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment (and corresponding entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any comment does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment (and corresponding entry) and/or the associated entrant.
14. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Borrowell accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
15. Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
16. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
18. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
19. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.