Get Your Free Credit Score to Win!
Sign up for your free Equifax credit score and report through Borrowell between July 22 to August 8, 2021 for a chance to win a $500 Visa or MasterCard gift card!
Sign Up for Borrowell and Win!
Get Your Free Equifax Credit Report and You Could Win $500
Signing up takes less than 3 minutes, and no credit card is required. Once you've signed up for Borrowell, you can download your Equifax credit report for free and check your credit score at any time without hurting it. Plus, you'll receive weekly updates on how your score has changed.
Why Use Borrowell?
Monitor & Track
Sign up and get your free Equifax credit score in just 3 minutes. Checking your score won't hurt it!
Understand & Improve
Canada's first AI-powered Credit Coach, Molly, will share personalized tips, articles, and tools that may help improve your credit.
Find the Right Product
Get automatically matched with financial products from over 50+ partners that fit your credit profile. See your likelihood of approval and apply in just a few clicks.
Why Are Your Credit Score and Report So Important?
Your credit report is like your financial report card, and your credit score is like your final grade. In Canada, banks and lenders review your credit when you apply for financial products. Your credit report can also be pulled by car dealerships, insurers, cell phone companies, landlords, and future employers to determine your ability to manage debt and meet financial obligations. Because of this, it's important to know your credit.
Contest Terms and Conditions
Borrowell Summer Contest Terms & Conditions
Qualified Signup. A Qualified Signup is defined as a person who successfully signs up for a Borrowell account and receives their free credit score (a " Customer"). You are limited to one Qualified Signup; in other words, any additional signups made by a Customer are not counted as additional Qualified Signups.
Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to individuals only. The Program cannot be used by businesses for affiliate lead generation as determined in Borrowell’s sole discretion.
Right to Close Accounts. Borrowell reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Customer if the Customer attempts to use the Program in a questionable manner, as determined by Borrowell in its sole discretion, or breaches any of these terms and conditions or is in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation.
Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms.
BORROWELL SUMMER CONTEST (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest begins on July 22, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Borrowell Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a) Visit www.borrowell.com/contest and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Borrowell account.
b) Once a Customer successfully signs up to be a Borrowell member, they will get one (1) entry to the contest. There is no way to get multiple entries into the contest.
4. Each entry counts for one ballot in the draw at the end of the contest to win.
Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5. On August 12, 2021 in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entry will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Before being declared a winner: We will review the list of Customer first names, last names, and email to ensure no duplication or error. Winners will be contacted by email from [email protected] and notified that they are eligible to win (the “Eligible Winners”). Eligible Winners must reply by email within two (2) business days from the date the email is sent and must provide first name, last name, and phone number and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Eligible Winners will be required to sign and return within two (2) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a) confirms compliance with the contest rules;
b) releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the Eligible Winners’ participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c) grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected Eligible Winners’ names and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If an Eligible Winner: (i) cannot be contacted by direct message within two (2) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7. There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of Borrowell giving $500 to the winner in the form of a prepaid gift card. Please allow for any potential shipping delays when receiving the prize.
No substitutions except at the Sponsor’s option. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award.
8. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. You must warrant that your entry meets the rules set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any entry that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the rules. Your right to submit an entry must not be restricted in any way.
11. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
12. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Borrowell accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
13. Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
14. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
16. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
17. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.